3 egg yolks
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
4 egg whites
1 cup fresh cream, whipped
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and matcha.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar to the egg yolks and beat until the mixture turns whitish. Add the oil and water and mix.
- Gradually add the sifted flour to the mixture and knead lightly into a dough. Do not allow it to become too sticky.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly beat the egg whites and add 1/4 cup sugar. Continue beating until the mixture stiffens like a meringue. Fold into the dough, stirring carefully so that the bubbles do not disappear.
- Heat the oven to 340°-360° F (170°-180° C)
- Pour the dough into a spring-form cake pan, and lightly tap the bottom a few times to remove trapped air. Bake for 35-40 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Place the pan upside down and let it cool.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to the fresh cream and whip. When the cake cools, remove from the pan and decorate with fresh whipped cream.